The 150U Sewing Head is an heavy duty bag closing system designed for sewing all types of open-mouth sacks. For low outputs the 150U Sewing Head is controlled by a foot switch and the sewing chain is cut by a moving nibbler knife. For medium and high outputs, automatic knife and switchgear are provided. On the automatic version of the 150U Sewing Head, the entry of the sack starts the sewing head and when the sack clears the head, the knife cuts and the motor stops. This automatic sequence applies to machines fitted for plain sewing or sewing through tape.
Plain sewn closures: For closing paper, textile or plastic sacks containing coarse powders, granules, pellets, nuts, etc.
1. Single Thread Chain Stitch
2. Double Thread Chain Stitch
3. Single Thread Cushion Stitch
4. One thread with a twisted kraft paper reinforcing string laced into the stitch on needle side to strengthen the closure.
5. Double Thread Cushion Stitch Two threads with a twisted kraft paper reinforcing string laced into the stitch on the needle side.
6. ‘Rip Cord’ Single Thread Sewn through single jute filler cord on the needle side with extended tail to pull for easy opening.
Sewn & taped closures: For closing paper and plastic sacks containing fine and very fine powders.
1. Single and Double Thread Cushion Stitch As described opposite but sewn through crepe tape.
2. Double Thread Single Filler Cord With needle thread applied through single jute filler cord on the needle side.
3. Double Thread Double Filler Cord With needle thread applied through two jute filler cords.
- Simple sewing head for easy operation and adjustment.
- Proven reliability in severe conditions all over the world.
- Gives a wide choice of plain or sewn through tape change-over.
- Good accessibility for maintenance.
- Automatic reservoir lubrication.