Swiss Bühler Group and Premier Tech from Canada, today announced the formation of a strategic cooperation for industrial flexible packaging solutions.
Dear valued Premier Tech customer,
The purpose of this communication is to inform you that Premier Tech is discontinuing sales and support of weight controllers dated prior to 2004.
With some of these controllers being more than 30 years old and replacement parts becoming harder to source for these older generation models, we have opted to minimize risks for our customers with this decision.
Discontinued controllers include:
- SpeedAC 5
- SpeedAC 7
- SpeedAC 8
- Bulktronic 7
- Bulktronic 9
- GP2, GP3, GP4
- GWC style*
- Midas touch
Our intent is to support these products for a limited time to allow for future planning by all our customers, therefore we will accept non-cancelable, non-returnable part orders for these discontinued controllers until July 1, 2020.
*Note that parts orders for the GWC style controller will be available until December 31, 2020 and will then be replaced by the new SpeedAC GWC.
**Note that support and parts for previously discontinued controllers remain unavailable.
Previously discontinued controllers** include:
- “D” style
- “DD” style
- “DM” style
- “E” style
The replacement for these older generation weight controllers will be the SpeedAC iQ and SpeedAC NXT. These newer generation weight controllers are direct replacements with enhanced features, with the SpeedAC iQ being the latest technological upgrade.
The SpeedAC iQ uses the latest generation and most powerful state-of-the-art microprocessor-controlled technology to give live performance feedback, fine-tuning functions, statistical data, information on system status, and much more for bagging, bulk and checkweigher systems. The SpeedAC iQ is designed for new installation or easy retrofit from an older version of weight controller.
SpeedAC iQ Features and Benefits
- 7” Bright TFT Color Touch Screen (180mm);
- Multi-Language interface (SpeedAC NXT compliant);
- Net weighing, gross weighing, in-process and check-weighing applications;
- Auto-tune - user simply enters weight set point;
- Smart Feed - two-stage, controlled loop, powerful algorithm;
- Robust IP65 enclosed controller for harsh environments;
- Flexible I/Os options for custom needs;
- Data Collector iQ option;
- Built-in Ethernet and USB port;
- Remote access and support capabilities;
- Simplified integration with major PLC brands;
- Easy to install pre-loaded programs, with ability to back-up and restore on USB stick;
- W&M approvals
Premier Tech appreciates and values your business relationship and looks forward to your continued interest in our products. We apologize for any inconvenience this announcement may cause.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Senior Vice-President Marketing and Client Solutions